Wednesday, July 25, 2012

It's Router Time!

(July 5, 2012)

After things got back to normal it was time to play with some wood again. My hubby isn't into woodworking. He's not really against me doing it... but he's not totally for it. I think it's mostly that he doesn't think we have the space (which is kinda true) and that he doesn't know if I'll stay into it. We've only been married for 4 years so he didn't know me when I tried to get into it before. So... I was surprised when he bought me this....
It's a Bosch Router Table. YEAH!!!!

James helped put it together. Sorry for the blurry pictures. These are with my phone. 

 He was pretty excited that he got to help put it together. Hubby lined the screws up and James tightened them.
Above he is telling me to stop taking pictures because he's trying to work. LOL!

 He listened very closely when his daddy was explaining different things to him. He was pretty proud of the work he did. So was mommy :)

So... Table gets put together and it's time to install the router. Oops... hubby forget to check and see if my router fit it. And it didnt :(

But... to reward him for his hard work... mommy went out and played with the router anyways and freehanded a sign for his room. He was so proud of it. 

Yes.... the "J" is kinda wonky and it's too far away from the rest of the name. But this was the first time I ever used a router. Once I got the bit depth right and figured out how the plunge on it worked... I was in business. It wasn't till after the "a" that I got the hang of it. 

I also rounded the edges with a roundover bit. I used.... ummm.... the V'grove bit? Maybe? LOL! I can't remember. One of those bits that came with it is what I used :)
 I took a sharpie and colored in his name to set it off. I of course sanded it down too. 

Guess what this is made from? Ding, ding ding! Pallet wood! YEAH!!! An ugly piece of pallet wood that would have went to the dump is not a name sign for my little router-table-setting-up-man. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment