Monday, July 16, 2012

My First Tools

(June 13, 2012)

So I start bringing home these pallets and all I want to do is rip them apart. As I said in my first post, I have no real woodworking experience. I really just wanted to make stuff from this free wood.

So here is where I started...

I talked to my husband and found that he had a jigsaw and a sander. I pulled this table out as a place to sit things. I also confiscated three... yes I said THREE... of his hammers and a screwdriver. Away I went.

Also... I should add that me and my stepdaughter and my son went back to the place that had the pile of pallets and brought quite a bit home.



After bringing these hope we continued our adventure of trying to disassemble these guys. And as you can see... some of these weren't just pallets. The top picture must have had some sort of heavy machinery on it. Then, as you can see, in the next two pictures these pieces look like they were doors or sides or something. They are not regular pallets. And those boards... they are 2"x4"s. The top picture is also 2"x4"s.

Yes... by now you may have decided that I'm a little crazy and that maybe I'm not quite sure what I"m doing. But the plan was to dismantle those door looking pieces with 2"x4"x and use those to fill in the gaps on the larger piece in the first pic. I never have measured how long it is but depth of it is 69".

So armed with 3 hammers and a screwdriver... we began taking these babies apart. At this point I didn't really use the jigsaw or the sander. I was too afraid to cut the wood. LOL... don't know why.






No comments:

Post a Comment