Wednesday, July 18, 2012

Taking a Little Detour

(June 13, 2012)

While this post is not about pallets... it's still part of the adventure. Remember how I said this whole thing was started by a visit to Pinterest? Well... part of that was not only reclaiming wood... but also other pieces... like furniture. I wish I would have taken pictures of these items when I first got them. But here are a few pieces that I picked up at the local Goodwill. The round table and chair were $8 together  and the other small table was $5.
I took some primer to the table before I remembered to get the picture. 
(Notice the pallets in the background :)


 My backyard is very shady so it's hard to get some good pics. And I think my husband may have been on a mowing strike or something (LOL) because the grass is really high.

The idea was to take the round table and chair and paint it blue for my youngest son, James. And then paint the top of it with chalkboard paint. He picked out the color. Here he is posing with all the supplies I got. What started out as simple ended up with me getting more than I expected.


The table and chair are not actually done yet. The chair and the table legs are painted. I ran out of paint and had to get more. At that point I got focused on the pallets and haven't been back to it yet. I really need to get it done. 

No comments:

Post a Comment