Saturday, July 21, 2012

More Reclaimed Furniture

(June 26, 2012)

You may have noticed in one of my pictures in the last post that there were some dresser drawers. This was a piece that I found on Facebook. One of the groups that I'm a part of is called "Free-Recycle". Some posted this dresser as free because of the top drawer being missing. Well... back to Pinterest. LOL. I had seen several posts of dressers that were redone because of missing drawers. The plan... pull out the borken/missing drawer (just the front was missing) and make that dead space a shelf. My daughter Brianna was in love with the idea.

Here is another find that I cam across. Two bench ends at the local antique mall. These were $4 for the set. I just knew that I'd be able to find a way to make a bench with these. Or... I hadn't thought of it before until now.. I could make a chair. Either way... I can't wait to find my inspiration for these. I know whatever I end up doing with them that it will be fun.

Here is another picture of my dresser. I sanded down the top and took out all the drawers. There was a piece of gold plastic decoration along either side. Brianna said that HAD TO GO.

This has become my work area. More pallets laying around to be disassembled too. (Have you got to the point yet that when I say "disassemble" that you hear the voice of Johnny #5? LOL!)

Just a wider shot of the side of my garage. My kids never play in the back yard unless I'm back there. So this may look bad... but it's really not. And generally before I wrap up I always clean up and make sure there is nothing for them to get hurt on.
Oh... and did you notice the dresser in the pic below? I have it sitting on a pallet to keep it off the ground. :)

I found a plastic tote that had a couple of cracks in it. The hubby wanted to throw it away. I found a better use for it. This is where I throw my scrap/trash wood. This trash wood is either too small to make something, too messed up or I couldn't get the nails out.

I look forward to sharing my next post with you!

No comments:

Post a Comment