Saturday, July 14, 2012

Welcome!

(June 10, 2012)

Welcome to Pallet-Able Designs. My name is Angie. We've all heard of the saying "One mans trash is another mans treasure.". Well... how about it being "....another WOmans treasure"? As a stay at home mom with a total of seven children (we like to say "your's, mine and... what the heck were we thinking?") I needed to find a very inexpensive way to feed my passion for working with wood.

Let me stop you right there so that you are not mislead into thinking I've been doing woodworking. Quite the opposite. For years I have had a love and a desire to build and create things. When my children were smaller I even bought a scroll saw and played around. But I was so confused about... What tools do I need? What wood should I use? and of course, What projects should I do?... that I was easily overwhelmed and went to something a little less confusing. That's when I started paper crafting. Although I have a real love for paper crafting.... I've always still had the desire to MAKE something out of wood.

Recently, with my paper crafting in mind, my dear friend Stephanie told me about this place on the web called Pinterest. Yes... THAT place! Talk about idea overloaded. Of course I was immediately addicted. I have no idea how I happened across the projects that I did but I was immediately drawn back to my old desire for wood.
Follow Me on Pinterest

So back to my need to find inexpensive material. I saw all of these projects on Pinterest made out of pallets. I knew very little about them but decided to investigate. The first thing that I learned is that all over the United States people are throwing pallets into landfills.

That's tons and tons of usable wood just being thrown away. I decided to go on a little adventure and see what I could find. Guess what I found? Pallets!!! Lots and lots of pallets. I live in a small town and even here I was able to find pallets that people were just throwing away. So I went to the neighboring small town... and guess what... more pallets.


I'm creating this blog to share with you my adventure... from start to.... whatever it becomes. While I fully expect to broaden the materials I use and know that I will need more than just pallets, I intend to primarily work with pallets. And since right now, all I can afford is "free", that's what you will see.

I hope that as people start viewing my blog that they will leave some comments and share with me their experiences, tips and projects they've created.

Let the adventure begin! 

1 comment:

  1. ¡Ánimo Angie!

    Has tenido una excelente idea.

    Bien venida a este mundo de locos por la madera.

    ReplyDelete